Khalil has been active in research for 2 decades and has published in many prestigious journals including the British Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, The Lancet, Molecular Human Reproduction and Gynaecological Oncology. He has peer reviewed articles for the British Medical Journal, NICE and the European Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology. His main research interests currently is in the field of molecular diagnostics of ovarian cancer for which he is a co-inventor in an international patent. He has lectured widely across the globe and also examines in MBBS and post-graduate examinations.
1. Gajjar K, Robati S, Packer G, Razvi K. Surgical approach to a vulval-pubic cartilaginous cyst: a case report and review of published work. J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2013 Jul 2.
2. Gajjar K, Ogden G, Mujahid MI, Razvi K. Symptoms and Risk Factors of Ovarian Cancer: A Survey in Primary Care. ISRN Obstet Gynecol 2012;2012 754197.
3. Toneva F, Wright H, Razvi K. Accuracy of frozen section in the diagnosis of ovarian tumours. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2012 Jul;32(5):479-82.
4. Ahmed E, Sah SP, Adikesavalu A, Madhavan K, Razvi K. Unusual collision tumour of ovary: Endometrioid adenocarcinoma and teratoma. Clinical Ovarian Cancer 2012 June; 5(1): 33-36.
5. Lanceley A, Eagle Z, Ogden G, Gessler S, Razvi K, Ledermann JA, Side L. Family history and women with ovarian cancer: Is it asked and does it matter? An Observational Study. Int J Gynae Cancer 2012 Feb; 22(2):254-9.
6. Robati S, Razvi K, Madhavan K, Gajjar K. Paraneoplastic vasculitis with digital necrosis: a rare presentation of advanced ovarian cancer. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2012 Sep;286(3):813-4. doi: 10.1007/s00404-012-2326-2. Epub 2012 Apr 18.
7. Koh CL, Chan YH, Razvi K, Narasimhan K, Ilancheran A, Low JJ, Choolani and the Ovarian Cancer Research Consortium of South East Asia. The association with age, human tissue kallikreins 6 and 10 and haemostatic markers for survival outcome from epithelial ovarian cancer. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2011 Jul; 284(1):183-90.
8. Kothandaraman N, Bajic VB, Brendan PN, Huak CY, Keow PB, Razvi K, Salto-Tellez M, Choolani M. E2F5 status significantly improves malignancy diagnosis of epithelial ovarian cancer. BMC Cancer. 2010 Feb 24; 10:64.
9. Ram M, Abdulla A, Razvi K, Pandeva I, Al-Nafussi A. Cystadenomafibroma of the rete ovarii: A case report with review of literature. Rare Tumors. 2009 Jul 22; 1(1):e24.
10. Tan TZ, Quek C, Ng GS, Razvi K. Ovarian Cancer Diagnosis with Complementary Learning Fuzzy Neural Network. Art Intell Med 2008 Jul; 43(3):207-22. Epub 2008 Jun 9.
11. Choolani M, Ho SSY, Razvi K, Ponnusamy S, Baig S, Fisk NM, Biswas and the Rapid Molecular Testing in Prenatal Diagnosis Group. FastFISH: technique for ultrarapid fluorescence in situ hybridization on uncultured amniocytes yielding results within 2 h of amniocentesis. Mol Hum Reprod. 2007 Jun; 13(6):355-9. Epub 2007 Apr 12.
12. SCL Koh, Razvi K, A Ilancheran, M Choolani. The association between fibrinogen,
von Willebrand Factor, antithrombin III and D-dimer levels and survival outcome by 36months from ovarian cancer. Clin Appl Thrombosis/Hemostasis 2006; 12(1):3-8.
13. Tsahalina E, Razvi K, Alkatib M, Shaw C, Chun LY, Barton DPJ. Early enteral feeding following major abdominal surgery for recurrent gynaecological cancer. J Obstet Gynaecol 2006; 26(5):457-61.
14. Lim K, Lu J, Wynne C, Back M, Mukherjee R, Razvi K, Shakespeare T. A study of complications arising from different methods of anesthesia used in High-dose-rate Brachytherapy for cervical cancer. Am J Clin Oncol 2004; 27(5):449-51.
15. Kew CCY, Putti T, Razvi K. Malignant mesenchymoma arising from a uterine leiomyoma in the menopause. Gynecol Oncol 2004; 95(3):712-715.
16. Condous GS, Arulkumaran S, Symonds I, Chapman R, Sinha A, Razvi K. The “Tamponade Test” in the management of massive postpartum haemorrhage. Obstet Gynecol 2003; 101: 767-732.
17. Razvi K, Al-Katib M, McCall J, Barton DP. Suprarenal vena caval thrombosis and pulmonary embolism associated with a benign ovarian cyst. J Obstet Gynaecol 2002; 22(6): 697-8.
18. Koh SCL, Tham KF, Razvi K, Oei PL, Lim FK, Roy AC, Prasad RNV. Hemostatic and Fibrinolytic status in patients with ovarian cancer and benign ovarian cysts: Could D-dimer and antithrombin III levels be included as prognostic markers for survival outcome? Clin Appl Thrombosis/Hemostasis 2001; 7(2):141-8.
19. Strachan BK, van Wijngaarden WJ, Sahota D, Chang A, James DK, Khalil S, Arulkumaran S, Farrell T, Mires G, Engelsbel S, Van Geijn H. Cardiotocography only versus cardiotocography plus PR-interval analysis in intrapartum surveillance: a randomised, multicentre trial. Lancet, 2000; 355:456-9.
20. Chua SPK, Razvi K, Yeong SM, Arulkumaran S. Intrapartum fetal oxygen saturation monitoring in a busy labour ward. Eur J Obstet Gynecol 1999; 82(2):185-9.
21. Razvi K, Sonoda K, Lee YS, Tham KF, Lim FK, Yong EL. A preliminary study of the immunohistochemical detection of a novel tumour marker, 22-1-1 Antigen, in gynaecological cancer specimens. Ann Acad Med Sing 1999; 28:392-4.
22. Razvi K, Chew S, Yong EL, Kumar J, Ng SC. Clinical management of male infertility. Sing Med J 1999; 40(2):291-7.
23. Loh FH, Khalil R, Arulkumaran S. Ruptured endometriotic cyst in pregnancy treated by laparoscopic ovarian cystectomy: a case report. Sing Med J 1999.
24. Yam J, Chua S, Razvi K, Arulkumaran S. Evaluation of a new portable system for cord lactate determination. Gynecol Obstet Invest 1998; 45:29-31.
25. Razvi K, Ong CL, Chua S, Chia YT, Ratnam SS, Arulkumaran S. Necrotizing fasciitis originating from a vulval abscess: a case report. Sing Med J 1998; 39(5):226-8.
26. Malcus P, Razvi K, Arulkumaran S, Ratnam SS. Fetal breathing recorded by actocardiogram and real-time ultrasonography. A comparison. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 1997; 76:33-7.
27. Chua S, Razvi K, Tay R, Wong MT, Arulkumaran S. Is there a need to treat hypokalemia associated with intravenous salbutamol infusion? J Obstet Gynaecol Res 1997; 23(4):381-7.
28. Chua S, Yeong SM, Razvi K, Arulkumaran S. Fetal oxygen saturation in labour. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 1997; 104:1080-3.
29. Chan C, Razvi K, Tham KF, Arulkumaran S. The use of a Sengstaken-Blakemore tube to control post-partum hemorrhage. Int J Gynecol Obstet 1997; 58(2):251.
30. Lim FK, Razvi K, Ling YK, Chong A, Tham KF, Ratnam SS. Mild cervical atypia: a management dilemma. Aust NZ J Obstet Gynaecol 1996; 36(4):437.
31. Razvi K, Chua S, Arulkumaran S, Ratnam SS. A comparison between visual estimation and laboratory determination of blood loss during the third stage of labour. Aust NZ J Obstet Gynaecol 1996; 36(2):152-4.
32. Tham KF, Razvi K, Ratnam SS. Recent Trends in the Management of Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia. Sing J Obstet Gynaecol 1996; 27(3):9-18.
33. Lim FK, Razvi K, Tham KF, Ratnam SS. Current approach to the management of urinary stress incontinence. Sing Med J 1995; 36:532-7.
1. Razvi K, Arulkumaran S. Prolonged second stage of labour. In: Ratnam SS, Arulkumaran S, Sen DK ed. Problem-oriented approach to Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 1st Edition. Singapore. Oxford University Press 1997; 123-5.
2. Razvi K, Shepherd JH. Gynaecological Malignancy in childhood and adolescence. In: Sturdee D, Olah K, and Keane D ed. The Yearbook of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Volume 9. RCOG Press 2001; 157-169.
3. Razvi K, Tham KF. Premalignant and malignant disease of the Vulva. In: Arulkumaran S, Bhasker Rao ed. Obstetrics and Gynaecology for Postgraduates Volume 3. Orient Longman, 2003.
4. Razvi K, Blake P. Cancer of the endometrium, cervix, vulva and vagina. In: Gore M & Russell D eds. Cancer in Primary Care, 1st Edn. Martin Dunitz 2003; 165 – 180. ISBN: 1901865266.
CONFERENCE PAPERS / PUBLICATIONS
Over 50 conference publications and presentations as well as many invited lectures and presentations.
- Choolani M, Razvi K, Annalamai L, Biswas A, Zhao CQ. Diagnostic Biomolecules Inventors. Singapore Patent No. 200605961-2 (2006). EU Patent granted 2010.
This patent refers to the development of a rapid assay for intra-operative diagnosis of ovarian malignancy.
- Choolani M, Ho SSY, Razvi K, Biswas A. FastFish: Improved Technique for Fluoresence In Situ Hybridisation (FISH) on uncultured Amniotic Fluid Cells that Allows Reporting within 2 Hours of Amniocentesis. Singapore Patent Application No: 200601942-6 (2006).
This patent refers to a rapid diagnostic test on amniotic fluid for the diagnosis of chromosomal anomalies. This test allows for same day diagnosis of Downs Syndrome after amniocentesis.